Do you know what a malocclusion is? A malocclusion is a bad bite caused by misaligned teeth or jaws. There are several types of malocclusions that can affect your smile.
– When teeth are not in their proper location and position, rotation malocclusions arise.
– If your lower jawbone sticks out past your upper jawbone, crossbites become a problem.
– Teeth that erupt above the gum line in the wrong space are referred to as transposition malocclusions.
– A misplaced midline occurs when your upper incisors fail to align with your lower incisors, midlines arise.
– An open bite is the result of your upper and lower incisors failing to connect when biting down.
– When your upper incisors stick out past your lower incisors, the condition is called an overbite.
– Overcrowded teeth, too many teeth, and irregular gaps between teeth are referred to as spacing malocclusions.
– An underbite refers to a condition in which your lower incisors stick out past your upper incisors.
To schedule an exam for malocclusions at Ryan D. Sparks, DMD, simply book an appointment at our office in Corvallis, Oregon, to see Dr. Ryan D. Sparks and the rest of our team. We can be reached at 541-754-9322. We look forward to seeing you smile.